How did I manage to think about this? Or did I think?
“The juice of the roots and leaves is used in the treatment of diabetes. The leaves are used as a poultice in treating skin eruptions. The plant is used as a laxative. It is used internally in the treatment of gonorrhea. Aqueous and ethanolic extracts of the plant have shown hypoglycaemic principles.”
So diabetes or not, you can die eat[ing] this.
- 0.92 lb of sliced tindora (see pics)
- 2 med white potatoes sliced
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 0.5 tsp mustard seeds
- ~1/3rd turmeric powder
- ~1/3rd chilli powder
- ~1/3rd dhana-jeeru powder
- ~1/3rd garam masala powder
- ~0.5 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP oil (used Olive oil because that’s what I got)
- ~1 cup water
- 1 long green chilly chopped
- 4 curry leaves
- about 1 TBSP plain yogurt
- about 1TBSSP chopped cilantro
What did I do?
- Heated the oil
- Added cumin seeds and mustard seeds when oil was hot enough so that they crackled when added
- Added potatoes and cooked them covered (stirring occasionally) till tender
- Added sliced tindora and cooked covered (stirring occasionally) till tender
- Added the spices and condiments about half way thru (5-10 min)
- Garnished this with yogurt and cilantro
- Served with parathas (indian bread)
Inspiration: Traditional dish from Gujarat, India
Nutritional Fact: No clue….yummy!!